Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Point<---->Counterpoint

Point-BOXER'S MOM:

Look what I put up with!

I think I was born with dog in my veins.  Growing up with dogs, the extremes of our two dogs having a litter, and now with six dogs.  I get dogs.  Most of the time we are on the same level.  Their logic and reasoning most of the time makes sense to me.  I think they are much easier than most humans and more fun to be a part of their time here are Earth.  But cats...I'm still deeply confused.  I used to think I knew them.  I had three previous cats who were probably more like dogs and while they were simple cats, they were beautiful and just as complex, but I understood them.  They made sense to me.

Mr. Innocent
And then I got Boxer.

And it was like he was all wrong from the start.  Everything about him was wild as a tiger.  If I didn't know better he probably fits the description of a feral cat the way he acts.  So much of the time we are in a state of aggravation with each other.  He is bullheaded, large, dominating, pushy, and bossy.  My three cats before ruined me for what a cat could be like.  They were all quite laid back and mellow while Boxer is on the other side of the spectrum.  And he knows it.  He knows how to push my buttons and he can be a bully for getting what he wants.  I talked about cats energy before and Boxer's is so demanding and on throttle all of the time.  He drives me crazy sometimes.  It has been rather difficult since losing my heart cats to have the same kind of relationship with Boxer as I had with them.  And sometimes it is a struggle to let go and accept Boxer is Boxer. I really try, but I have trouble knowing how to communicate with the powerful force that he is.  I love him, but our aggravation game is getting in the way of knowing how to handle my emotions better.
<<<---------------------------------------->>><<<------------------------------------------------>>>
Counterpoint-BOXER:

And so it's like this...
She should have known I was different when I pooped on her lap on that first ride home.  There was no more Sparky (her just buried heart cat) and I was going to make sure I was nothing like him, I am me.  Oh, I made my point in several ways, climbing the drapes and screen door, I had more energy than I knew what to do with and I always found a way to use it!  Then she started calling me Sparky.  SPARKY!  MY NAME IS BOXER!!  I don't care if we were close in our looks, my mannerisms never strayed from who I am, Boxer.

Hell yeah, I'm mad!!
Then Claw died (other heart cat) and 9 days later you find the Princess Leia.  Then a month later a puppy, then 8 months later the oldest dogs dies, then six months after that there are ten puppies and two parent dogs taking over the house.  And now there is a total of six.  Hell yeah, I think I've got a right to have an attitude.  So if it means taking over your chair so that I'm guaranteed some one on one with you then so be it.  And if it means head butting your hands like crazy because you've spent most of the day with Muttville than suffer.  After all I love you and it's always your lap I want, alone, together with you.  And if that's what it takes, then that's what it takes.  I want my little piece of heaven with you too.  :)

     You want your spot??  Fight me for it!!

*****************************************************

No comments: