Pages

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Remembering Sparky


I woke up this morning with pangs in my heart that I hadn't felt in some time about my heart cat Sparky.  I was amazed at how open and fresh the wound felt and how terribly much I missed him.   

My mind flashed back to this time period several years ago to a particular incident that I still reel from to this day.  It was about knowing the truth about something that happened to me and Sparky was a part of this revelation.  He was just the best cat in the world, who knew me inside and out.  Sparky always knew what I needed.

My mind continued to flow through the past and I remember how surprised the vet was at the muscle tone on Sparky.  He was an inside and outside cat who got his workout.

And then I remember when he got hurt somehow, only I didn't really know it.  He stopped going outside and only got up for the necessities.  I finally took him in to the vet.  He had a fractured pelvis.  He was probably hit by a car.  And my heart stopped for a minute as the image took over my memory.  There was nothing they could do for him, except to give him rest and let himself heal.  It could've been so much worse.



And that's where the feelings stopped and stayed.  And I missed him.  And I kept missing him. And I missed him some more.  Seven years felt like yesterday since he died.

And I don't think I will ever really stop missing him. 

5 comments:

Molly The Wally said...

Lovely tribute to Sparky your heart cat. Gone but not forgotten.
Have a serene Sunday.
Best wishes Molly

Brian said...

Hugs to you from all of us. We do understand, we have those moments here too. Thanks for the well wishes, I'm feeling a good bit better.

sagechronicles said...

There's always that one that leaves a bigger imprint on your heart. You just don't forget them...ever.

savannahspawtracks.com said...

Mom and Dad BOTH can get very leaky eyes when they talk about their before me Siberian Huskies...and they all dashed to north of The Rainbow Bridge in 1993-94.

Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Em died many years ago.. she was a diabetic and I quite often think back to having to test her and inject her and make sure she was OK..

basically what I'm saying, I understand.. I feel for you.