Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Taking the time

Boxer's mom here:

Thank you so much for all your kind words and encouragement.  I can not express enough what it means to be able to share and be heard.  Thank you for listening.

Life just got suddenly very hard and difficult and I just found myself at a loss to write.  Emotions were stretched thin and drying up.  Let alone trying to be creative and fun, I was too exhausted.  It's during these times when I curl up in my chair every night and veg out in front of the TV that Boxer gets up on my lap.  It takes him some time to settle down because he never knows if I'm getting up for the dogs, one more time, but when he does, we sit for as long as possible.  Like two peas in a pod.  And it helps through those rough times in life to have this beautiful creature hanging out with me like my best bud.  No matter how much we get on each others' nerves!  Boxer and I have come a long way from when he was that little wild child kitten and I was grieving the loss of my heart cat, Sparky.  Maybe in time I will share about our journey.  And no matter what way you flip it, there is nothing more soothing than a cat's purr.  No dog can come close to that vibrating roar next to your heart.  You can't beat it.  The level of comfort it brings isn't even describable.  Like a lullaby.  It is simply awesome.  It's taken me a long time to let Boxer in.  To open that door of love, because it has been incredibly difficult to let go of not only my first cat, but my first heart cat and the pain was deeper than I could have ever thought possible.  It has been rather trying coming to the grips of losing Sparky.  Just talking about him still makes me tear up.  And I'd like to honor Sparky here as well.

So if you can bear with me as I fumble with my life, the dogs and take some much needed time for the Boxer and Leia, I think I can continue my healing and growing with them.

Thank you again for listening.
Have a wonderful weekend!       

2 comments:

Molly The Wally said...

Bless you. Just take things in your own time and rest assured you are in our thoughts and prayers. Have a super Saturday.
Best wishes Molly

Jobi Harris said...

My heart goes out to you. I have gone through this and I know how hard it is. Take the time you need and try not to worry. Your friends will be there for you, the world doesn't end. Enjoy all the Boxer purrs you can. We wish you the very best.