Pages

Monday, October 30, 2017

Boxer becomes Aggressive.

Well, this has got to be a record for me in posting about the cats, but we are in quite a dilemma and I don't know what to do. 

About a week ago, Boxer and the two dogs, Fiona and Zappa were outside together.  Like they have been a hundred times before.  I went inside and next thing I know when I look out the door, Boxer is hunched down, growling and hissing at the dogs.  He was blocking the door for Fiona to come in and she was badly shaken. 

I have no idea what happened, even though I have a few guesses but regardless, Boxer has never been aggressive with any of the dogs or cats.  He is a bully, demanding and ruthless, but he has never turned like this.  I am at a loss and I'm not sure how to handle it.  I'll take any suggestions anyone has.

I have tried a couple of times to get them back together, but when Boxer sees Fiona he immediately hunches down, ears flat and just stares at her.  Fiona gets out of the room quickly.  So for the last week or so they have been separated.  The cats have their own room and so do the dogs.  I bought some Jackson Galaxy "Bully Solution."  A flower essence that is suppose to help Boxer not "own" everything and be cool with things.  I've only put it on once and not around the dogs.  I've heard mixed reviews with it, but I've found it difficult to find any answers as how to handle this kind of situation.  Again, anything anyone can add would be so greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance. 

We will try to keep you updated with how this all goes.  Wish me luck!

No comments: